Friday, January 30, 2009
Happy Birthday, Amanda!!!
Yesterday was the big day!! I turned 31!!! I had a great day....getting spoiled all over the place! I received so many wonderful gifts, cards, emails and phone calls....I want to thank everyone---you really know how to make a girl feel special! I started the day off 3 different times, once at 4:30 a.m. when Shawn woke me up to tell me happy birthday, the next when Gabe came in at 6:45 a.m. singing Happy Birthday to me, and at 7:00 when Grady groggily stumbled into the kitchen to tell me "It's your big day Momma...Happy Birthday!!" All 3 were wonderful ways to start my day. After I dropped Grady off at school, I went and ran a couple of errands, stopped by a coffee shop - grabbed my vice..a mocha - and sat in the quiet of Grady's school parking lot for 45 minutes and read my book!!! It was quiet there and I knew noone would find me, plus my cell was off!! Strange, maybe...but completely blissful! After Gabe got out of school, we scurried through homework...and I dashed off to my hair appointment!! I can't think of many things that relax me like a good shampoo and blow dry...ahhhh! heaven! When I got home I was greeted with Shawn slaving over my birthday dinner...enchiladas! Yum-o! After dinner, we celebrated with my favorite..angel food cake!! And yes, I baked it, but because I wanted to--I had to try out this new maple glaze recipe!!! It was scrumptious! We then had the big unwrap! I received so many wonderful things....all of which were on my list, but my guys still find ways of spoiling me.....I can't just receive a normal teapot, oh no, a high dollar teapot...it is probably the most expensive thing in my kitchen---it doesn't even boil water itself---but I do love the color! Most everything I asked for was kitchen related...I have recently became even more of a Betty Crocker than I was....I have started baking my own bread...from scratch--who knows maybe someday I'll have my own bakery!! I ended my evening watching a great movie--Miss Potter-- Thanks Carla for the recommendation! I had an absolutely wonderful 31st birthday....I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SOOOOO glad you had a great birthday! It looks like you really got a lot of gifts. I also saw that you now have a garbage bowl just like mine. Some may think it's a weird invention and gift, but I use mine all the time. Also glad to hear that the movie was good. It probably would have bored Dustin, but glad you liked it. :)
I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! Your guys certainly know how to be sweet to you. And good luck on the bread baking. I am not much of a cook but I've recently been inspired to try baking my own bread. You will probably have to walk me through it. =)
Post a Comment