Monday, August 31, 2009

Fox Family Fishing Fun!!!


On Saturday we headed out with the roosters for some fishing! Apparently, the fish do not enjoy sleeping in on Saturdays as much as I do!! As I stated in an earlier post, Gabe and Shawn are the fishermen in our family, but on Saturday we all did some fishing! I took on the task of teaching Grady how to cast....and if I do say so myself he caught on beautifully! We started out on Bowman Bay at Deception Pass....this place was great! It had a huge dock with two levels, so Shawn stayed on the top deck most of the time with his pole and crab net and the boys and I ventured down to the lower deck. Shawn enjoys the quiet time of fishing and I on the other hand have no clue how to be quiet, so it just sort of worked perfectly for me to take the little fellas! After an hour of fishing with my little fellas, I began to wonder how my Grandpa spent countless hours with my sister and I fishing at their pond. Between almost getting hooked myself too many times to count and getting dozens of hooks out of kelp and the dock...there was no way I was doing any fishing of my own...and yet my Grandpa always had a line in the water...obviously he was a tad more talented than myself! Unfortunately as great as Bowman Bay was there were no fish to be caught there, so we ventured onto the West Beach of Deception Pass. Shawn was the lone fisherman in this venture...the boys and I walked the beach searching for the perfect rocks for the boys' rock collections! We enjoyed a picnic lunch and some much needed relaxing....and Shawn even caught a fish! Although the salmon are in the peak of their run right now...he was not able to hook one of those, but he caught a snazzy flounder instead! We had a wonderful time fishing the day away!

2 comments:

erin said...

What great memories, and what a special opportunity to remember your Grandpa.

Aunt G said...

Grandpa did ROCK! Now that you mention it I have no idea how he did that either and at one point he had you me and Kendall! You still got your skills though! He must have been a good teacher too!