Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Shawn!



Shawn being way more low key than Grady, opted for a single birthday party! We went fishing on Shawn's actual birthday, so we had his birthday dinner and dessert a day later! Of course, the only thing Shawn is not low key on is his choice of birthday dinner!!! It usually consists of items I have never heard of and have no clue where to find them! Well, a few days before his birthday he saw a cooking show where they were making filet stuffed with a blue cheese butter concoction....so we gave it a whirl!! It turned out fantastic! We also had bacon ranch potatoes, asiago cheese bread and asparagus with tarragon! For dessert....of course, staying non-conventional, we had vanilla custard! Note: It is very difficult to stand candles in custard! We finished off the birthday bash with presents!!! I think Shawn had a pretty great day....not as great as if I would just live the day like any other, but since I won't let any one's day just pass by...I think it was pretty good! Hope you had a fantastic birthday, Shawn!!


Him and his new man tool...a drill press! He was actually really surprised....I don't think he thought I would actually get the right thing!

No comments: