This weekend was chocked full of excitement!!! First thing Saturday morning, Grady's team hit the hardwoods against Gid's team!!! It was a very exciting game..especially when the two cousins were defending each other! Grady continued his improvement on defense...he is really getting the hang of blocking and defending. He again received a foul...he loves this! He also got the ball...and knew what to do with it...he dribbled and shot! He missed, but the fact he tried was a huge improvement! His season is halfway through....it is amazing how much improvement we have seen! Way to Go Grady...we are so proud of you! GO HOT RODS!
Yep, you see it right...Gabe's first GOLD MEDAL AND BRACKET!!! We are so proud of him! It was not an easily achieved gold, but a much deserved one! His first match of the day was a loss....but thankfully the tournament was a round robin, so that didn't put him out of the running....he came out and looked like a completely different wrestler for match 2 and 3! His second match was a 10-0 win and the third was a pin in the 3rd period....the last match was the big one. He had to beat him with a pin to even have a chance for first....he did it and then thankfully beat his second guy 10-0. There were only 3 points separating 1st and 2nd! I don't think he will forget how he won his first gold....neither will we! Way To Go Gabe....WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!
We finished off a very busy weekend with my birthday! We spent the day at Gabe's wrestling meet...but I love watching wrestling and I love watching my kids do sports and my husband coaching...so I really couldn't think of a better way to spend it! We did hit Texas Roadhouse on the way home for dinner and had tiramisu for dessert...homemade by Shawn! Yes, impressive! I was spoiled rotten on the gift front, telephone calls, emails, and cards.....I am so blessed to have each of you in my life! So here we go year 34.....I can't see what you have in store for me!!!!
1 comment:
I love you Sis! So glad you had a Happy Birthday! Gabe and Grady-I couldn't be more proud of you if I tried. You both have my heart!
Post a Comment