So, he will probably kill me....but can I tell you how crazy I am about my husband??!! I tell you, we have been married 12 years...together for 14...and he never ceases to amaze me! Last Wednesday night, we get an invite to our sweet niece Sophia's 3rd Birthday! Well, a little background to the rest of the story.....6 years ago our first niece (Seth and Ang's first child)turned 1...Shawn made the sweetest little chair for her...then 4 years ago our first nephew (Shan and Erin's first child) turned 1...Uncle Shawn again made a chair. So, at that point it sort of began a tradition, the oldest niece or nephew received an Uncle Shawn original on their first birthday...in hopes it would be passed down to any siblings to follow. Well 3 years ago, we moved away, leaving all of Shawn's tools behind. In that 3 years our beautiful family has grown and the last of the firsts (Shane and Abigail's)was born. This first was Miss Sophia...and she needed a chair...but unfortunately her 1st and 2nd birthday's passed without a chair! Thankfully the 3rd birthday did not pass... Super Shawn to the rescue! In 3 days, he made new patterns, planed the wood, cut the pieces, sanded the pieces, and put everything together...not to mention still going to work and putting in 10 hour days!!! If you need a chair, Shawn is your guy....there will probably be a little more than a three day turn around though! H.A.P.P.Y.B.I.R.T.H.D.A.Y.S.W.E.E.T.S.O.P.H.I.A.
No comments:
Post a Comment