Yep, I'm 2 full weeks behind...what's new?! Well, I have been procrastinating on this for 2 very good reasons! 1-All last week, I spent one day at home...the rest on field trips and other school related stuffs....the one day I had free was spent gathering food for the fam....these people just can't seem to get by without it! 2- There were absolutely no good sports scores to report!
I'm not sure if burn out has finally set in, but neither Gabe's nor Grady's team has been performing like they did in the beginning of the season! The last few weeks have been somewhat painful as spectators! Two weeks ago, we headed to Hesston with Gabe's team....final score 38-0...yikes! Yes, it was every bit as painful to watch as you would imagine. Gabe had quite a bit of playtime that day....and he played well. Unfortunately, football is a team sport, so if the team is having an off day...it doesn't much matter what you are doing! Last weekend we were back in Augusta...but you really couldn't tell one week from the other! I really can't remember the final score....something bad...with Augusta losing, how's that? Gabe did not have a lot of playtime on Saturday...he was in on special teams, but other than that...not really anything else! We did have a visit with the Coach...hopefully things will sort themselves out. Gabe was not the only one and we were not the only perturbed parents! Would have hated to be a Coach after that game. I can speak for Shawn and I, we were very civil....I hope all parents were!
Grady and AAA......well, painful on that account as well! I know for a fact that Grady is done....we started in the beginning of August and are now 3 weeks into October....I guess 12 weeks doing one thing is a little long for Grady! After the game 2 weeks ago, we had to have a talk with Grady about finishing things out strong even when you are tired....it seemed to have helped this week, but again...team sport...if every one is not on board with finishing strong...not much you can do! Two weeks ago was the start of the tournament...they played one of the teams they had tied with....well, Saturday was not our day....final score 7-0..OUCH! Last week we played the other team we had tied with...the outcome was the same, but AAA was able to score.....final score 6-2! This week, Grady has his last game! They will be playing for 3rd and 4th! Keeping our fingers crossed to end the season with a win!! GO AAA!
No comments:
Post a Comment