Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life!

Well as we come to the busiest time of the year....let me get you filled in!

Gabe has started wrestling again. He is learning lots of great moves....so hopefully he will have a great season! He is doing very well in school....I am continually amazed by him! He is still playing the trumpet...and getting better every day! He has his first performance on Tuesday, December 20 at 10:00....he is getting very excited about that!

Grady decided to try something different this year...basketball! He is doing very well...especially now that he has fancy new basketball shoes! He has some trouble with lay ups, but does very well when he is just dribbling and shooting. His coach is very impressed with his mad left-handed dribbling skills...when do you think I should fill him in that he is left-handed?! He is also doing very well in school! He is reading chapter books....Junie B. books are his current favorite! It is soooo awesome when your kiddo really learns to read...I mean just spouting out words, no sounding out...Just awesome! He also has a music performance this month...Thursday, December 15 at 6:30! We are so proud of the both of the boys....how did we ever get so lucky?!

Shawn is staying busy at work and home! He just returned from week long trip to Washington a couple of weeks ago. The rest of us were VERY jealous! He is still working in his wood shop on some top secret projects and is also coaching wrestling! He has gotten a little hunting in...we are currently feasting on the deer he shot a month ago and he was able to get some duck hunting in with his brothers over the Thanksgiving weekend!

As for me...I am staying busy as usual! I have a couple of exciting bits of information to share though! As some of you may know or have noticed, I was on a crazy weight loss regime the last few months...well, I'm just gonna toot my own horn....I made it to my goal weight!! I am very excited, now just to maintain over the holidays! I am very proud of myself...for any of you who know me very well, you know self-discipline is not a strong suit for me...but I hung in there, and I am so happy I did! I couldn't have done it without my 3 guys though...they were my biggest cheerleaders...they also know how to make a girl feel guilty(one too many cookies kind of guilt)...not a bad thing in my case! I love you guys...thanks for hanging in there with me! I have also made the very difficult decision of returning to school! I have been praying about this for almost a year.....Shy of knocking me in the head, God has given me the answer! I will be starting in January....just 2 classes to start off with...and maybe adding another mid semester depending how it all goes! I am VERY nervous....again, without my guys, I would not have had the courage to take this step.

Well, there you go, all caught up!

1 comment:

The Lee Family said...

Before I even read this blog I clicked on your "Happy Hunting" picture and said, "Man...she looks great! She's lost weight!" That is what popped out to me the second I read your blog. Congratulations, little lady. I'm proud of you!