Saturday, April 14, 2012

Concert Time!


Gabe had his last ever elementary school music concert a couple of weeks ago! It seems crazy to be having all of these lasts the next month or so! The 5th graders sang 5 songs, most of which were old folk songs...kind of an interesting direction to go with a group of kids! They sang "In That Great Git'n Up Mornin'", "Old Dan Tucker", "Sakura", "Sarasponda", and "Uncle Pen". They finished the concert in combination with the 4th graders..."How Can I Keep From Singing" and "The Ash Grove". A pretty fantastic concert! Since starting work at Ewalt a couple of months ago, I have had the pleasure ,in most cases, of getting to know the kids' teachers better....and I LOVE their music teacher, Mrs. Hilton! She is positive, funny, kind, yet very firm. You can see the respect the kids have for her....she is a great example of "you attract more flies with honey than vinegar". Anywho, with this concert we are one step closer to Middle School....jury is still out on how I feel about this one!

1 comment:

Aunt G said...

My Gabe the Babe in Middle School - this brings tears to my eyes!