Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Shawn!


As you know, Shawn is the most low-key fella you will ever meet....so, we celebrated his birthday in much the same fashion!  We went fishing on Monday and to dinner at Red Rock and then on his actual birthday, he headed off to work!  We celebrated after Gabe's baseball game on Tuesday evening with cinnamon rolls and presents!!  I'm always anxious to see what kind of sweet treat Shawn picks out for his birthday dessert....he is not the fan of sweets like Grady and I....but, I think he picked very well this year....cinnamon rolls are one of our faves....so he made the whole family happy! 
 
This is one of Shawn's more interesting gifts!  So, a few months ago, Shawn found a hive over at the farm and expressed interest in beekeeping.  The boys and I had the genius idea of getting him started on  his birthday with hives and bees...well, as luck would have it, bees can only be ordered during a certain time of year...and this was not it!  So, we gave him a book and have promised the bees for Christmas....maybe by this time next year we will have our own honey!  I love his guy a lot...and one of those reasons is because I just never know what he will come up with next....beekeeping??!! Yep, couldn't have guessed that one!

No comments: