Saturday, June 6, 2009

Field Day at Picnic Point Elementary!

Friday was Field Day at Gabe's school! Grady and I had been guilted in to volunteering to help out, but I have to admit we really had a great time! The Picnic Point field day is not like anything we participated in....they only have a couple of races the rest are fun activities....not so much a competition of athletic ability, but more a day of fun! I would have appreciated a field day like this when I was a kid....I am anything but athletic! The station I manned was called Tire Croquet! Basically it was a life-size game of croquet....the loops that the ball would usually go through were big enough for a kid to fit in and instead of a ball the kids rolled a tire!! This was a hoot to watch--most of the kids thought it looked easy and then it would be their turn and the first thing they all said was," This is a lot harder than it looks!" Gabe finally made his way over to my station right before the end---he had ran the marathon, 50 meter dash, but he had spent most of his time in the homerun derby, soccer shoot, and shoe toss! Grady also had a good time...he helped me line kids up, but he mainly flirted with the older girls---he also has a friend from preschool whose sisters go to picnic point, so they were able to hang out a little bit as well! We had so much fun that next year they won't even have to guilt me into volunteering!

Gunnar and Gabe trying their skill at Tire Croquet!!

Gabe having a ball at the Potato Sack Race!And Sir Grady....chillaxin' with the ladies!! I believe these two were buttering up little bro in hopes to get to Gabe!! The one with darker hair has a little crush on Gabe...while the one in white Our little Gabe has a tad of a crush on....aaahhh Elementary Love!! Hee Hee!

No comments: