
Thursday night was the Jets next to last practice!! At practice this week they again practiced the skill of knowing when someone was "Out" and when someone was "Safe". Grady has really gotten the hang of this....he was always the first one to answer--and he was always right!! More than I can say for some Umpires in Gabe's league!! HA!! When it was his turn to run from first to second he beat the ball once and the next time he got out...but it really didn't seem to affect him too much! He also had the chance to throw the ball in the attempt to get someone out...the first time the Coach at second bumbled the ball, but Grady had a very accurate throw...after watching for a while the Coach appeared to be bumbling on purpose, so the kids would not always get out! On his second throw, he got the person out....and he was sure to let them know the child was out! They also practiced some hitting and running bases; most of the kids seem to be getting the idea of which base to run to next...which is vast improvement from the beginning of the season! I can't wait for the big game next Saturday....that should be priceless!! GO JETS!!

Look at the form on this boy!!! When I first looked at the picture - I was sure this must have been a picture of Gabe running....but after closer examination I figured it out to be Grady--Gabe would never wear a Thomas the Tank Engine hat ANYWHERE!! Thank goodness the boys get their stride from Shawn...I would have hated for them to get that from my genes---I am anything but graceful....and Shawn always makes fun of the way I run!!
1 comment:
GO GRADY GO! You can just imagine the grit on his face!
Post a Comment