Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hittin' the Slopes!

For Valentine's Day we decided to head to the mountains! We had a great time....Grady was practically skiing all by himself....shhh, don't tell him, he still thinks Shawn's poles were actually holding him up! Gabe and I became daredevils and I decided to embrace the snowboarder carnage and use the bodies scattered all over the mountain to improve my skiing...and by golly it worked! I used the bodies to ski around...that really helped me with my going back and forth...no more snow plowing for me! I can now stop on my edge! Thank you snowboarder people who rest in the middle of the mountain! While the boys and I took a break, Shawn headed off and did some blacks by himself...or as his fellow skiier on the lift called them "suicide runs"! Well, thankfully he made it back in one piece! Gabe continued to get better as well....he is still way faster than me and a whole lot braver!
Are they not the sweetest little fellas ever??!!!

My handsome fellas, all geared up and ready to go!


Daredevil spot #1....Gabe double dared me to do this...I took the dare and loved every minute! What you can't see is the end where it goes back up and you end up "getting air"! I made it without falling, so I thought I should stop while I was ahead....Gabe however did it over and over! I didn't get a shot of the second Daredevil spot...I was too busy rolling around on the ground trying to get up! Yeah, that one didn't go so well....Gabe went through it first and neglected to tell dear ol' Mom to stay on the left because the right was really hilly and I would lose control....oops! At least a crowd was able to gather...I really would have hated to keep that embarrassment to myself! HA!




Shawn and Grady making their way down.....Grady actually let go and Shawn is chasing him with the poles!! We had an awesome time.....I love the time we spend together as a family while we are skiing....no T.V., no Wii, no phone reception...just peace and quiet....except for the constant stream of laughter...usually at my expense!




3 comments:

Aunt G said...

Looks like so much Fun! Glad everyone is improving - its got to make it more fun! Looks pretty!

The Lee Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. We need to try that one day.

erin said...

Looks so fun! Still very jealous.