Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Woo Hoo!! We really have it this time!!!

Late last summer, Grady started learning how to ride his bike without training wheels...but after one pretty bad crash, he said he would not ride his bike again....and he hadn't...until today! I'm not sure what got into him, but after dropping Gabe off at school, he said he wanted to ride his bike! Well, around our house it is next to impossible to learn to ride a bike...there is not a straight road to speak of anywhere close to our house, so we loaded up and headed over to the baseball park! There was noone else there, so we had the whole parking lot to ourselves! After about 5 minutes, he was off....no need for Momma anymore! His feet actually touch the ground now, so he is able to even stop and start...with just a little balancing help from me! He spent a full 30 minutes just riding back and forth...he even got turning down! I was pretty impressed!!!
I chased after him for the first 10 minutes or so, but after that there was no keeping up!

He even got brave enough towards the end to navigate the ramp to get up to the park....he didn't crash once! On the way home he said he was ready to ride bikes with Gabe and Anthony (our neighbor boy)....hmm....I wonder if that was the motivation?!



2 comments:

The Lee Family said...

Congrats Grady! That's exciting.

Aunt G said...

Grady is the MAN!