Monday, August 2, 2010

We're BAAAACCKKK!!!!


Well, well, well, where does time go??!! It is hard to believe we have been here for 2 weeks! We are 99% unpacked, there are 3 boxes of dvds to be unpacked as soon as we get the entertainment center downstairs all set up! We have mowed the lawn 4 times...yes 4 times since we have been here, hung curtains, cleaned out 25% of Greta's basement, made 15 zillion trips to Target, Walmart, and Lowe's, and made about that many returns because I am challenged in too many areas!! HA! I had forgotten how crazy hot it is here...sure I can watch the weather channel and see 100+ degrees, but I had really forgotten how that felt! As I sit here in my wonderfully air-conditioned house, I am also forgetting, but will be brought back to reality in about 2 hours when I am sitting outside watching Gabe play football! Oh yes, we practice in even this crazy, hot, icky weather! The only good coming from this hot is I am getting DARK....I can't believe how dark I am getting...I have been a very good girl wearing sunscreen every time I walk outside, but it's still happening...I'm sure the 12+ hours on the mower has nothing to do with it! Well, I just thought I would let you all know we are here, we are alive, we are well, and we are hot! Hope to check back later this week with finished pictures of the house....of course, we would like all of you to come visit for yourselves, but for those of you who can't, we will get those posted by weekend!


****By the way, the picture was taken from our front yard by Grady on our first night at the house....BEAUTIFUL! Sunsets like this make the 100+ temperatures a little more bearable!

2 comments:

The Lee Family said...

So glad you're getting settled. We miss you guys like crazy, though. Can't wait to see the house.

Aunt G said...

I am so glad you are back! I am eating good again! Seriously its nice to have you back!