Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trick or Treat!!

This year we went Trick-or-Treating in a huge group!!! Usually Shawn takes the boys and I stay home giving out candy...I don't think I have taken the boys but maybe once through the neighborhood trick-or-treating! I honestly do not enjoy the whole going from door to door....Shawn seems to get a little more charge from it...so it has been a perfect system! But, this year we were invited to some friends house for chili and trick-or-treating...so we gave it a whirl! I have to admit I was a little sad to think my 10 trick-or-treaters would be without candy from my door this year...but getting together with a great group of people did seem inviting! There were around 14 kids and their parents...some dressed up, some not....that went parading through the Triplett Family's neighborhood...it was so much fun! The kids got a load of candy--at one point I had to take off my witch hat to unload the buckets!! Their neighborhood really goes all out...there was even a "haunted yard" for the kids to walk through....Both of ours made it through without so much as a wimper...I can not say so much for some of the older kiddos!!! It may help that since birth Shawn has been hiding in dark corners and behind doors to scare our children...so this seemed like child's play!! We were out trick-or-treating for about 2 hours....we had a great time!!! So glad we didn't stay home!!!
Our little monsters.....A 3-Star General and Batman!!

I didn't realize Shawn was going all out with his costume...I looked a little lame next to Tex!



1 comment:

Aunt G said...

All 4 of you look AWESOME!