
So, while visitors are here...we try to squeeze in as many sights as possible! On Friday, we took advantage of the sunshine and headed down to Snoqualmie Falls! The falls were really roaring...it was absolutely gorgeous! We took time for a little ice cream break....yum!

We then headed back towards home, picked up Shawn and feasted on some yummy fish! It was such a beautiful evening we decided to dine at The Tin Fish.....I have mentioned them before...they have the absolutely best fish tacos, plus it overlooks the Puget Sound in Mukilteo! So, while dining outside on their patio, you have a view of the ferry, the Sound, the mountains...it has it all!

On Saturday, Shawn and Joe took out early for a fishing trip on the Columbia River! It was an all day affair...they had a great time....and brought home Sunday's dinner to boot! They fished for Chinook Salmon and Sturgeon---I'm not sure what was more entertaining though, the fishing or their crew mates! You'll have to ask them about that!

On Sunday, we started off with a big breakfast at the cafe and then headed off to church! That afternoon we decided to go on the Underground Tour in downtown Seattle! Our tour time wasn't until 3:00, so we also did some walking around in Pioneer Square!

This is the original Seattle...along with what is underground (a fire destroyed most of what was then Seattle in 1889). The area is rich in history and a few of the original buildings have been preserved and restored...the area is amazing! The Underground Tour was one of the few things we had left on our Seattle to-do list! We are really down to almost nothing on that list...which I guess is good, since we are pretty much down to no time to do them! Now, a little disclaimer for anyone toying with the idea of going on the Underground Tour, I'm not sure I would do it! Oh, I know that sounds horrible...but unless you can get a discount coupon or something, I just don't know if it was worth the money! Yes, I learned quite a bit....but, the tour company has to lease any underground area from the current building owners, so that sort of limits the amount of area you cover on the tour! We were only underground for about half of the tour...a little disappointing...I had heard a lot about this tour, and I think I had my ideas of what it would be like...and it didn't fulfill my expectations! With that said, I'm so glad we took the tour...it was definitely something I wanted to do....but, if someone were visiting, I don't think I would put this on the must do! Thanks for visiting Mom and Joe....hope you are getting some rest!
1 comment:
Cool fish pics - those are some big eats!
Post a Comment