Saturday, October 16, 2010

Augusta VS. Clearwater!


Football was back in session on Saturday as well! Gabe was selected as a Team Captain for this game....so he went out for the coin toss in the beginning of the game! It was a pretty exciting first half....Gabe was in on some offense and all of the kick-offs! Going into half time Orioles were ahead 16-8!! Unfortunately, after half time all went down the tubes! The Orioles had their first and hopefully last serious injury of the season; it was to our awesome running back Ceetyn. He was clotheslined and was knocked unconscious. It was an agonizing 30 minutes with him lying still on the field before he was eventually taken away in an ambulance. Fortunately, we saw him in Dillon's on Sunday afternoon...he was fine!!! Evidently when he was clotheslined, he was knocked out...he did lose feeling and motion in his neck for a short time, but the CAT Scan and X-Rays came back clean. I'll tell you, I was scared to death....this is not supposed to happen to 9 year olds....this is for the NFL.....All this week at practice, I had a pretty hard time watching any of the kids get tackled...I'm glad Shawn is taking Gabe to the game this week...I'm not sure I can watch! So, back to the game....after Ceetyn's injury, our team, for obvious reasons did not want to get tackled. I think they were all pretty rattled. The final score was 32-16, Clearwater with the win. It was hard to lose that way...had we not had that injury, the outcome would have been different. Win or Lose, Ceetyn is okay....and that is the important thing! GO ORIOLES!

1 comment:

The Lee Family said...

WOW...that's scary!!!! I didn't think 9 year old football was supposed to be like that either. Gee Whiz! I'll be praying for the kiddos.