Saturday, October 16, 2010

Field Trip!


On Tuesday Gabe's class headed to Butler County Community College for a Science field trip! BCCC was have a water fest....we went from class to class learning all about water conservation, how water is involved in electricity, animals that live in water, and lots of other water related activities! I'm not usually a science-y type person, but I actually learned a lot on Tuesday! I had a great day hanging with Gabe and his class....which I will add are a very well behaved group of kiddos! I have been on A LOT of field trips in 5 years, and this was by far the best behaved group! There was only his teacher and I for chaperone's, so I had 10 kids to keep track of.....they stayed right by me, listened to me, and I only had to get a little firm once....our group kept having to go from a class on the first floor, up to the second, back down to the first...so the kids were getting a little rambuncious....but they calmed down the minute I said something...they were also completely polite...I only had to remind them a couple of times! I hope I get the opportunity to go again....I had a great time!!!
During one of our classes.....here they are learning about different types of turtles that live in our area!

After lunch we ran some of the wigglies out.....a good old game of duck-duck-goose! I think this definitely helped with a calmer afternoon!

1 comment:

The Lee Family said...

So glad you got to go join in on the fun.