Yesterday we headed down to downtown Seattle for one of the last things on our "To Do in Seattle" list! It was none other than the huge tourist attraction of Ride The Ducks!! Originally, it was the boys who were pushing us to do this....but, in the end I think Shawn and I had the better time!!! Our tour guide was an absolute jewel! She was the best...we spent most of the tour in stitches...she was hilarious! Even though, we have done a lot of things around here...we were still able to learn some stuff....there is this little hole in the wall recording studio where songs like Barracuda were recorded...you would drive right by this dump and never be the wiser that in there right at that moment the next recording hit could be taking place!
We also saw the floating house which was used to record "Sleepless in Seattle". I know it's hard to see, but it was the house behind the little guy on the board!
Along with the park where Heath Ledger was playing paint ball in "10 Things I Hate About You". We also saw one of the boats that was used during one of the fishing seasons on "Deadliest Catch".
I don't know why this sort of stuff interests me, but it does...I eat this stuff up! This is definitely a must do, if you all visit Seattle....I wish we would have done this earlier....there was so much to learn, it would have been great to know some of the stuff we just drive by and know nothing about! Anywho, it was great way to end our Tour of Downtown Seattle! Mission Complete!
Seattle Skyline from Lake Union.....Gorgeous...even in the rain!
So this is totally for my sister...this is what they use for the shots of Seattle Grace on Grey's Anatomy! It is actually KOMO 4 News and it has a great little restaurant on the first floor....the best burgers in town!!! Although, I'd skip the garlic fries...we are all still tasting them today!
2 comments:
I hope we get to do this one day! Sounds like fun!
I am going to have to take a closer look when they show the outside of Grey's Anatomy next time.....I don't think it looks anything like the picture. How exciting though and thank you so much for posting the picture! Now that is touring the City!
Post a Comment