Yep, someday my wonderful husband will be able to stand and look me in my pleading little puppy dog eyes and say No, but Saturday was not that day! On Saturday we headed back up to Snohomish...the third time in 6 weeks mind you, looking for something--not sure what, but something! Since we bought our new furniture, I have been itching for a coffee table...I don't know what I am looking for, but I like the way people are taking old steamer trunks and using them as a table! So, I've been online looking for one and I have found several...they were sort of expensive, but they were lovely and exactly what I had pictured! But, always the one looking for something better (meaning better bargain!), I decided I could put a little work into one...and get it just how I want it...so to Snohomish we go! Well, after going through nearly every store not seeing "the one", my ah ha moment came! There was the beauty just sitting a waiting for me to come to it's rescue! I ho and hummed about it....looked to Shawn for guidance, with only in return..."It's going to take some work...are you sure you want that?" With me replying, "Of course, It's perfect!" So ahome it goes....I started stripping the rust and old black paint yesterday...working an hour and a half and almost completing one of the sides...yikes...this is going to take some work! I have researched this project fully....I have books at the library waiting for me to pick them up...today Grady and I went to Home Depot to get some more steel wool and found the perfect paint to redo the now rusty black metal....ohhhh, it's going to look fantastic....Someday!
3 comments:
I am certain it will turn out exactly as you want it to. Good Luck!
Oooo! I love it! I'm with you...always sure I can make something look better than I can find in a store...and so much cheaper! We'll having to go "treasure hunting" when you're back in Kansas! No better way to catch up than shopping!
You're awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Post a Comment