
Since the fellas didn't have much luck on the crabbing front on Saturday afternoon...we headed down to the famed Crab Pot for dinner! Actually we had this planned with our friend, Nate, long before the guys went crabbing....but it seemed like a good start to the story! The Crab Pot has been on the Food Channel and the Travel Channel both not to mention it is on the waterfront, so needless to say this place would be considered a tourist trap! Knowing all of this we still were dying to try this place out! The Crab Pot does not take reservations....so we got there at 7:00 and started waiting it out....we were told it would be an hour and a half, but to check back in 30 minutes! Not thinking too much of that we headed out to take in the beautiful Seattle summer evening...we walked down the pier outside of the restaurant and made fun of the tons of tourists snapping pics here and there---let's not mention we were one of those last year!

The first 30 minutes flew by, so we headed in to "check in". No doubt this is a ploy to weed out the weak....amazingly our 1.5 hours turned into a mere 45 minutes...wow! So, finally Fox Party of 5 was called and our Crab Pot adventure began! We were lucky enough to be seated outside with a view of the sound, so that made the experience just that much better! We started off with 3 different appetizers...Nate is just as much a food junkie as Shawn and I.....we had crab and artichoke dip, oysters on the half shell, and calamari!!! Delicious!

Yes, if you order the Crab Pot you must wear a bib...thank goodness I take my camera everywhere....I will probably never again see these fellas in a bib...and them allow me to take a picture! Priceless!

The Crab Pot is known for their pot of seafood that is dumped directly on the table---no plates, no silverware....just a mallet, a board and a roll of paper towels!

The guys had fun surfing their way through the mound of crabs, mussels, clams and who knows what else!!! I decided to order the Captain's Platter...I got to try everything, but had the opportunity to use silverware!! I did however try both the snow and dungeness crab---I may just have to go with the Pot next time!! We left the Crab Pot completely stuffed to the gills.....Can't wait until next time!
3 comments:
How funny! Glad you guys had a good dinner.
I don't know why, but in one picture it looks like that lady is cutting Shawn's hair while he's eating. HA! That was just my first thought when I saw that picture.
We'll have to try that place out. It sounds delicious!
Carla
OK...duh! I looked back at the picture and see that she is tying his bib! HA! I didn't look that closely before.
How much fun! That looks like a great time! The food looked awesome even from this far away!
Post a Comment