Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise = A Change in Attitude!

Today we headed down to Seattle to the Green Lake park! I have driven by this place several times and heard about it, but we had yet to go...so when our church started their weekly outings, I was happy to see this one on the list! Well.....that was until I started talking to people at church on Sunday---the few people I spoke of this to said that parking was hard to find and it was always busy no matter the day or the time that you went. That sort of bummed me out, plus when I woke up this morning it was foggy and did not look to be a promising day...so my mood started out crummy!! Fortunately, I had talked our friends, Carla and Josiah, into joining us on this first time adventure...so I had something going for me...at least I wouldn't be alone if this totally bombed! So, the boys and I headed out on the 30 minute trek to Green Lake and found that indeed parking was a bit of an issue! We circled the area a number of times and finally resorted to parking in a neighborhood approximately a quarter of a mile to the north and east of the park, but the sun had come out, so I took the parking in stride and headed to the play ground. Well, our church people are supposed to meet at 10:00...and at 10:20 no one besides me was there...obviously the fog, parking, and overcrowding kept all of these others home....and I was thinking to myself...rightfully so...those intelligent people! But, as I came out of my mood and we had our picnic lunch, I began feeling a little better...after all, we were there with wonderful friends, the sun was out, and it was warm---not a bad combination...even if I did trek half way across Seattle for parking and lost my kids I don't know how many times in the swarm of other children at the playground! So, with my new outlook on the day we hiked around the lake to the wading pool.....now this was worth it! The boys had a blast! The water was only about knee deep or so, but the boys splashed and soaked to their heart's content! I can't say I would visit this park for the playground alone, but throw in an afternoon in the wading pool and I am in---Even if I do have to park at home and walk! HA! Amazing how one thing can totally change your outlook on a place---Thank goodness I didn't just turn around and go home...look what I would have missed!
Watch out Gabe....Here comes Grady monster!

A direct spit hit from Grady to Gabe....Ahhh, brotherly love!

3 comments:

The Lee Family said...

We had SUCH a great time, too. I just blogged about our day as well & my blog did not mention your attitude. I was being nice! I was glad to see that you came around by the end of the day. I had never seen you so frustrated before and am glad we ended with smiles & laughter.

If you laughed at nothing else, I'm sure you laughed at me trying to walk all the way to my van in busted flip flops. It took me FOREVER to get there! HA!

erin said...

I'm glad you ended up having a good day! And that first picture of the boys is precious.

Aunt G said...

Looks like fun! I've heard that they actually pay lots of people to go there because they are trying to test the weak! Its the same people that they pay to go to the Crab Pot! HA!