Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gabe's First Sleepover!!!

Gabe had his first sleepover-style birthday party on Friday Night!! The boys were absolutely wonderful...we could not have asked for a better group of boys for Gabe's first sleepover! There was not a single fight...the only fighting were staged wrestling matches...they didn't even fight over the Wii!!! They took turns choosing games and taking turns to play!! Gabe has a great bunch of fellas for friends!!! As everyone was arriving they started the party with the Wii...of course!! They played some heated games of Excite Truck, Tony Hawk Skateboarding and Madden Football!!

If it were up to the boys, I'm sure they would have been content with spending the whole time in front of the Wii....but with the beautiful weather we have been blessed with.....we shooed them outside!! We had hotdogs, mac & cheese, cantelope, grapes, and chips.....Gabe's menu of course!
After supper, we had marscapone cupcakes....I saw this recipe on the Food Network....and thankfully I have a very adventuresome child...he let me experiment at his birthday party....they were a hit!!!! Someday this experimenting on company will backfire...keep your fingers crossed it won't be YOU!!!!

After cupcakes of course came the gifts!!! Gabe received the Everyone's Hero DVD and movie snacks and popcorn, ethnies finger skateboard, motocross bike, and snowboard, a swimming pool lacrosse set, football, and frisbee, and probably the show stopping gift.....Football cards!!! Gabe has just recently really gotten into collecting Baseball and Football cards.....these were definitely a huge hit!!!


Next, we sent the boys on a scavenger hunt through the woods....this was killing two birds with one stone...Shawn and I could clean up and they would use up some of the 8 year old boy energy!! They had a great time....but I guess I made the hunt a little hard....I had to give them a couple of hints!!!
While Shawn and I were making the smores the boys played a game of tackle basketball!! Amazingly noone got hurt.....although we aren't sure how!
About 9:30 they finally started slowing down...they all decided to watch Gabe's new movie, Everyone's Hero! We popped some popcorn and vegged out for movie time!!! I was really impressed we didn't lose anyone to the sandman during the movie....I had intentionally turned off most of the lights...wishful thinking!! After the movie they headed out to the back yard to camp out in the tent....well, that lasted all of about 45 minutes!! At 11:30 they came in saying the coyotes were a little scary!! Truth be told...they were telling ghost stories in the tent and I think they scared themselves silly!! So with sleeping bags and pillows in hand they headed up to the play room to "sleep"! Two hours later...I think everyone was finally asleep....Shawn and I were very happy until 6:30 a.m. on Saturday!!! It seems these little fellas only need 5 hours of sleep before some more Wii time!! So needless to say, we sent home some little zombies at 10:00!!! Gabe had a great time!! I am so happy everything went so well....I knew this experience would either make or break us.....it looks like there will be many more of these!!!



This was just too precious to leave out!! I walked in to check on Grady when the boys came upstairs to sleep...and this is what I found!
I guess the big boys were being a little too loud!!







1 comment:

The Lee Family said...

So glad Gabe had such a great party. Grady is too sweet in his headphones. Love that picture!