Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy 35th Birthday, Shawn!!


Thursday was Shawn's big day!!! Of course, for those of you who know Shawn well, he doesn't want a big fuss to be made---well, lucky for him this year we had 2 baseball practices that consumed our Thursday evening!! We scarfed down an early dinner and then after practice met back at home and enjoyed his fave--homemade tapioca pudding! It was a little tricky to get the candle to stand up in the pudding, but where there is a will, there is a way! Shawn opened his gifts after pudding....he was so excited...he finally received his watch he had heard so much about, thanks to Mr. Grady!! It sure was a lot easier to have a secret when Grady was younger!! Last night I made Shawn's birthday dinner....he had previously asked for peppered crab---good grief! I had never even heard of this--I did a little research and then asked him to please choose something else!! He then chose steak and the fixings....well if you have followed my blog, you will know that I attempted the grilling thing last spring...did not go well! So, the poor guy had to grill his own steak---at least it was still mooing as he loves and not a leather purse as I would have done! After dinner, we went out for an evening walk....We have had the most BEAUTIFUL weather the last couple of weeks....I may be beginning to see what the Pacific Northwesterners love so much about their state--and what could keep them here through all of the rain and yuck! But all of you Kansas fans never fear--This Kansas native misses her legs sticking to the leather seats in the summer!! Ha!! Anywho....HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN!!!

1 comment:

Aunt G said...

I don't know how you could miss that? But it certainly will be here waiting for you!