Today in the soggy rainy mess the Lakers had a baseball game!! I guess I was getting spoiled by having dry games--we are in Washington!!! I had to wait to write this blog until my blood pressure had normalized---there was a tad bit of tension on the field today! It seems that noone has a rule book on hand...and our coach was letting them slide on their items, but then they had to push on ours....tsk, tsk. It seems our boys weren't playing outfield on the grass so, when that was brought to Coach Brian's attention he mentioned that perhaps their pitcher should be pitching from the mound then. Oh my, did the fireworks ignite! That led to a 10 minute dispute where eventually the president of the league was called...and in the end the other team had to move back 10 feet and pitch correctly! Well, that brought out the worst in the other team and they were then out for blood. Now, I have mentioned in the past I am not what would be considered a competitive person, I do however like things to be fair. So, if I feel things are unfair my blood pressure starts to rise and I begin to yell....only nice things of course and in my defense I was not the only parent voicing their concern! Their boys were allowed to do many things that the other teams we have played have not done...I think in a league things should be fairly spelled out...if someone needs to read the rule book and enforce the rules, I would happily do so...but whatever! With that off my chest....my blood pressure is normalizing again...Gabe had a great game! I should definitely take Shawn's approach, he says as long as Gabe has a good game, he is happy....I will start trying this on Monday, I promise! Gabe had 3 great hits and got on base with all 3! He played pitcher twice, second base and first base! The team was having some trouble fielding the ball today...could have been the slickery, wet ball!! He stopped the ball a couple of times and had some good throws to the bases, but the other team had a lot of fast runners, so they just beat the ball each time!! I am hoping for a better game on Monday....Keep me in your prayers...I would hate to be tossed from a little league game! Ha! GO LAKERS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment