Sunday, May 17, 2009

We are officially changing the blog to "The Baseball Blog!!!"

So, from the title you may guess where we spent a majority of our weekend!!! Gabe had a game on Friday night and Saturday morning, and Grady had baseball on Thursday and pics on Saturday morning! The Jets had their 5th practice on Thursday, where they again scrimmaged! Grady hit the ball a couple of times and ran very fast, as he put it, to first base! He also played pitcher where he stopped the ball a couple of times and even threw it to first base! If the 1st baseman would have been paying attention they may have had their first out of the season.....but they are only 3!! On Friday evening, the Lakers had a rematch game against the Zephers where they came up victorious once again!! All of the boys had a great game....Gabe had good hits at each at bat with 2 RBI's. He played pitcher twice, outfield, and 2nd base! He stopped the ball and assisted on outs a couple of times! I wish I had as good of news regarding the game on Saturday!! It was one of the more painful games I have watched! Yikes! As I said, Grady had pictures that morning as well, so I dropped Shawn and Gabe off at the baseball field in hopes to be back from pictures by the end of the 1st inning--HA!! I should have known there would be no way 12 three year olds would line right up and quickly have their pictures taken!!! The team picture should be a classic--there were ones that didn't want to be in it, some not looking at the camera, and one crying! Poor Grady has been use to the flash bulb from birth, so it was just automatic for him! Well, we were able to get back to Gabe's game at the bottom of the 3rd...but I can't say I missed much. They were equally matched with their opponents, and when I got there they were tied 1-1, but the boys had been having a hard time fielding the ball and at bat! I guess having a game the night before was pretty hard on our little fellas! Gabe had a couple of good hits while I was there, and got an out while he was playing pitcher. We went into the 5th with a 2 point lead, but the other team scored five in the bottom of the fifth, OUCH! I don't think the boys have ever been happier for a game to be over, I'm sure there were a lot of naps taken that afternoon! After the game we grabbed a bite for lunch, bought some flowers and herbs to plant, and stopped off at the batting cages for some batting practice! I had anticipated an area that would slowly pitch the ball to Gabe, but the "slow" one pitched much faster than I would have been comfortable with! I took one picture outside of the cage, there was no way I was stepping foot in there! Out of 40 pitches, Gabe got a hold of 2 or 3! That evening we went for a drive along the sound---we have had beautiful weather the last couple of days!!!! I hope it holds out for a little bit longer!

No comments: