Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's Bike Rodeo Time!!

On Thursday afternoon, Gabe's school had a bike rodeo! The boys had participated in the rodeo last year, so this was all old hat for them this year! They did a lot of obstacle courses including the rock dodge, drive way ride out, the serpentine, tight turns, paper route, and Grady's favorite the slow race! Unfortunately this year the 3 people Grady raced against were on top of the rules and he didn't win...he let his foot touch the ground! Bummer! He was however a pro at the rock dodge and the serpentine, he didn't hit a single rock, gutter or cone! Gabe ran off with his buddies, so I didn't get to watch him too much--I think he's getting to the age that it is not super cool to have Mom following you around!!--, but I did watch him do the paper route...looks like he could make a middle school career of that! They finished off the rodeo with some ice cream...does it get any better?!

No comments: