Monday, May 11, 2009

Reptile Man!

A little man overcoming his fear head on...Way to go Grady!!

Grady and I headed over to his preschool this morning for a special visit from the Reptile Man. This was not a usual school day for Grady, but all children were welcome to come as long as a parent tagged along! Well, we all know how much Grady loves snakes (ha!), so I was a little surprised when he asked if we could go, but I was definitely not saying no! Anytime we can overcome a fear one of the boys have, I go for it! I am a huge scaredy cat, so I don't want my fellas following in their Mom's footsteps! The Reptile Man started off with a tortoise and a gila monster, so this was not so bad for Grady. Next, the Reptile Man put a baby alligator to sleep by rubbing his eyes, that was pretty cool. And then came the snakes!!! Grady was very brave, he didn't even squirm away when the snake was by him! After the show, the children were allowed to touch the huge python, the baby alligator, and the tortoise. Grady actually TOUCHED the PYTHON!!! Now, it took a little coaxing and even me touching him first, but he actually touched it...I couldn't believe it! On the way home he said, " I'm not afraid of snakes at all anymore, I'm ready to touch another python." Oh great, maybe it was better when he was afraid of snakes!!

This is the snake Grady ended up touching at the end of the show. When he overcomes a fear he does it right....never mind the garden snake, head right for the huge python!

No comments: