Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lovin' Me Some Pork Chops!


So, for those of you who don't know, my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Lee are hog farmers, and while we were at their house for Easter we were taken on a tour! Their farm is huge...this is not just a couple of little piggies here and there...there are thousands of those stinky oinking things! We were given the WHOLE tour and I mean from the how they get the piggies pregnant to how they were born...the whole shebang! We were about 20 minutes late on getting to see an actual birth...I can't say I'm bummed....the aftermath was hard enough for me to stomach! I'm glad my aunt and uncle love their farm....because I love me some pork!
Here piggie piggie!

These yummy little pieces of ham were about 10 weeks old.....they were loud, stinky and scared!

3 comments:

erin said...

"Yummy little pieces of ham..." hahaha! That gave me a good chuckle.

Char said...

Mandy~ I think you mean 2 months old. They wean at 21 days & judging by the pigs, those are B's 4H pigs.

Fox Family said...

Well shoot Char....they still look tasty!!!