Wednesday night Gabe had his District Spelling Bee! This bee was on a whole different level than the last...they started out with pretty hard words, no warmer uppers! There were two kiddos that got out in the first round...and these were the top 3 spellers from the entire Mukilteo School District! So when Gabe made it to the 4th round, Shawn and I thought he had done extremely well! The 4th round was the round of death....by the end there were 9 kids left...that was it, unfortunately Gabe was not one of them. He got out in the 4th round, finishing 13th overall, on the word gauntlet....afterwards, he said, "Mom, I have never even heard of that word!" It was kind of funny as soon as the judges said "gauntlet", Gabe immediately asked for the definition, which is exactly what Shawn and I told him to do if he didn't know a word...that way it would give him time to sound out the word, but I don't think any amount of sounding out would have helped him on that word! He was extremely disappointed in himself....but thankfully it wasn't anything a Slurpee couldn't fix! By the time we got home, I asked him how he was feeling and he said, "Oh Mom, I'm over that!" I am so glad he bounces back so quick! Way to go Gabe....We are so proud of you!!!
3 comments:
Great job, Gabe. You did great and got really far. You should be really proud of yourself.
He is pretty awesome! Go Gabe!
That is so awesome! I am so proud of Gabe!
Post a Comment