Tuesday, April 13, 2010

An Olympic Gymnast in the Making??!!


Today was Grady's first gymnastic class!!! About a month ago he brought home a paper from preschool advertising a gymnastic class....well ever since that day, I have heard nothing but pleases and begging! Last week, we went and signed up for a month long class....this was quite possibly the LONGEST week of my life! Everyday, "Mom, is today Olympics day??"....I'm not quite sure where he got the Olympic thing...but that is what he calls it!! So, this morning fully expecting the same question...I said "Grady guess what today is ??" to which he answered "Am I going to Josiah's today?" Really?....the one day it was actually Olympics day and this was his guess...geesh! So, after I told him not Josiah's but gymnastics day....the bouncing ensued...and did not stop until we got there!!! He had a blast! He was most worried about doing a cartwheel, and while he is still not completely doing one...he is much closer than myself! He bounced on the trampoline, walked on the beam, climbed a rope, crawled through, over and under everything, plus he learned the basics of a cartwheel and hand stand....all of this in an hour!! Perhaps the next Paul Hamm in the making??!!

Grady doing a somersault into the pit!

2 comments:

The Lee Family said...

Cute! Glad Grady had fun!

Aunt G said...

So glad he got that handout. What a skill to learn at such a young age!